Braised Southern Style Kale
This braised kale is as pretty as it is delicious. I used a lot of colorful ingredients to please the eyes as well as the taste buds. There’s plenty of sweet red bell peppers, flavorful onions, and spicy jalapeños peppers.
- 2 1/2 lb Rainbow kale (washed and cut)
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 1/2 lb Smoked turkey leg
- 1 Medium yellow onion
- 1 Large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Sliced jalapeños
- 1 tbsp White or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Seasoning salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 32 ounces Chicken broth
- 2 cups Water
- Put the smoked turkey in a large pot, then pour in the chicken broth.
- Cover, and boil the smoked turkey over medium high heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add in the 2 cups of water, then start adding the kale, and stir.
- Once all the kale is in the pot, add in the carrots, red peppers, jalapeños, onions, and garlic.
- Stir the ingredients, then sprinkle in the sugar, seasoning salt, and black pepper.
- Add in the apple cider vinegar, and stir.
- Reduce the heat to low medium, and cover the pot.
- Let simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of iheartrecipes.com