Are You a Good Fit for the Red Barn Farm Crew? If So, Apply Now.
Red Barn Farm is a four-season, Certified Naturally Grown farm with a strong focus on water and soil conservation. Just a mile north of the downtown Bentonville square, our farm is the heart of Arkansas’ first agrihood. We are growing a wide range of vegetables and fruit. Our outlets include an on-site farmstand, as well as local restaurants and farmers markets. Whether you’ve worked on or owned a farm or are just willing to learn, we’d like to hear from you for future openings we may have.
Part Time: 20 to 30 hours a week (some evenings and a couple of Saturdays per month)
Full Time: 40+ hours a week (a couple of Saturdays a month and random evenings)
This position requires a self-starting, knowledge-seeking individual who’s willing to work in all weather conditions. You will be assisting in construction, greenhouse seeding, field planting, harvesting, packing, selling, and working with volunteers. This person will be responsible for working with the crew and farm managers to complete daily/weekly chores and assist with projects to meet annual goals. A willingness to learn, grow, and ask questions is expected. While knowledge of plants, insects, and disease is appreciated, we’ll train you on our systems and farming practices.
Examples of tasks related to these responsibilities:
- Post-harvest processing of crops
- Implementation of pest management for crops
- Assisting with marketing and distribution of produce
- Recording of field data
- Overseeing execution of field planting according to schedule
- Available for retail sales during market season (Saturday farmers markets)
- Working with the farm manager to accomplish annual goals
- Assisting with tours, summer camps, and farm events
Please send your résumé to email@example.com.