Zesty Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
Mini sweet peppers stuffed with horseradish cream cheese and baked until melty.
- 12-16 Sweet Peppers (halved lengthwise, seeds and ribs removed)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated medium sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Silver Spring Cream Style Horseradish
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Kosher Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Arrange pepper halves in a single layer, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes. When you remove the peppers, increase the oven temperature to 400ºF.
- While the peppers are cooking, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, horseradish, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Divide the filling evenly amongst the peppers, being careful not to mound too much filling into them or they will melt and get messy.
- Bake the stuffed peppers another 8 minutes, then turn on the broiler to get the tops a little crispy.
- Serve hot or at room temperature on a bed of arugula if desired.
Recipe courtesy of The Live in Kitchen