Roasted Carrots with Yogurt and Cilantro
This carrot dish is a favorite with the sweetness of the almost caramelized carrots and the tangy-ness of the yogurt.
- 1 bunch Carrots, washed, trimmed, and cut in half
- 1 tbsp Fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme leaves
- 1 Bay leaf
- Generous drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Toss carrots, squeeze of orange, thyme, bay leaf, and olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, tossing them halfway. Remove the bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, purée cumin, turmeric, coconut yogurt, lime juice, ¼ cup cilantro, and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve carrots topped with cumin yogurt, cilantro, sesame seeds, and hemp hearts.
When you’re looking for coconut yogurt, look for one without additives. Recipe courtesy of Lily Kunin