Roasted Root Veggies
- 5-6 Turnips
- 12 Radishes
- 2 cups Carrots
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13-baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Wash turnips and radishes and pat dry.
- Trim tops and bottoms off turnips, peel and chop into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Trim tops and bottoms off radishes and cut in half.
- Place 1 tbs of olive oil in a 1 gallon plastic bag and add half of vegetables.
- Shake bag until vegetables are evenly coated with oil.
- Add ½ of spices (except salt) to bag and shake again until vegetables are evenly coated with spices.
- Pour seasoned vegetables into the baking pan and repeat steps 6-8 with the remaining ingredients (except salt).
- Add remaining seasoned vegetables to the baking pan and stir so the vegetable are distributed evenly in the pan.
- Place pan in the center position in the oven and roast for approximately 45 minutes, stir and turn the vegetables every 15 minutes.
- Vegetables are done when they can be split easily with the edge of a spatula.
- Sprinkle the roasted vegetables with sea salt and serve.
Shaking the ingredients in a bag allows you to use less oil and still achieve an even coating. However, if you are not concerned with fat content and in a hurry, you can also simply dribble some oil over the veggies in the pan, sprinkle the seasoning on top and stir to mix. Recipe courtesy of Veggie Primer